Our team is growing and we are recruiting a SALES REPRESENTATIVE for Gauteng.
We wish to appoint a dedicated, full-time sales representative in Gauteng, whose passion matches our own. Demonstrable sales skill and experience are absolutely essential. Wine knowledge is advantageous, but full training will be provided. Applicants must have own transport and a valid driver’s licence.
We are based in the Elgin, in the beautiful Elgin valley, internationally recognised as one of South Africa’s finest wine regions. Elgin Ridge is the only certified organic wine estate in Elgin and one of just two certified biodynamic wine producers in the country. For a more detailed insight into who we are and what makes us tick, browse through our website
HOW TO APPLY: This is a permanent position (basic salary and transport allowance plus commission). Please forward your CV and letter of application to Marion on firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants will be contacted.
Join us during the Elgin Cool Wine & Country Food Festivalthis year and enjoy free tastings, delicious sushi, exclusive farm tours ( pre booking essential ), and great family fun on our organic & biodynamic farm.
• 3 vintages of our current wines (either Sauvignon Blanc and/or Pinot Noir)
GOLDEN TICKET EXPERIENCE: FARM TOUR
• This experience is available when pre-booked by Golden Ticket holders.
• Take a walking tour on our certified biodynamic farm with us, as we explain our biodynamic preparations and how we use them at Elgin Ridge – and finish with a VIP tasting of older vintages and an exclusive tasting our award-winning Chaos White
• Places are strictly limited to just 6 people per session: Morning session at 11.00am and afternoon session at 14.00pm
( Saturday morning seesion fully booked, 2 places available Saturday afternoon), Sunday still available
• Enjoy a delicious sushi platter (minimum 10 pieces) and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc for R160 per person
• Enjoy being on our biodynamic and organic wine estate and catch a glimpse of our Percheron horse – Maddox – who ploughs our vineyards in winter. Keep an eye out for our sheep, cattle, ducks and chickens, too
• Visitors are welcome to bring their own picnic and enjoy a bottle of Elgin Ridge wine amongst the vines or around the dam in one of our picnic spots.
Bookings for our Golden Ticket Farm Tour and sushi are essential.
Not only is our multi-talented winemaker, Kosie van der Merwe responsible, for the internationally award winning wine inside this beautiful bottle, but he also designed the intriguing label which tells the story of this unique wine.
If you’d like to see the Chaos label win, please follow the link below and click on the 👍 icon ABOVE the thumbnail image of our wine (you’ll find it at the start of row 2).
We were delighted to be selected by Peter Richards MW, as one of the 30 great New World wines, in the February edition of the renowned Decanter magazine. Peter says
“The London IT industry’s loss was Elgin’s gain when Marion and Brian Smith upped sticks and launched a biodynamic wine estate. This is a complex, spicy, highly original Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon blend with beautiful texture, huge energy and a delightfully funky edge.”
Peter selected our Chaos White 2016 as one of his “30 great New World buys under £30” – chosen from over 1,000 potential candidates – which represent the “most intriguing, exciting and mould-breaking winemaking in the world today”!