Look how well our certified biodynamic and organic Semillon vines growing and developing for more Chaos white, it will be a few years before we get grapes though as it takes 3-4 years to get a crop from newly planted vines. Each vine is lovingly tended to by a memebr of our vineyard team.
In 2013, two winemakers – Elgin Ridge’s Brian Smith and Luddite Wines‘ Niels Verburg – were having a beer. They were chatting about their shared love of Cabernet Franc and one suddenly said “So, why don’t we make some”
It was one of those spur of the moment decisions that quickly evolved into an exciting and unique winemaking journey with the not-so-insignificant goal of creating the best Cabernet Franc in South Africa and today, 4 years on, they’re ready to release their first vintage.
“the 2014 Cabernet Franc” is being revealed for the very first time at an exclusive trade preview at Marble in Johannesburg today and at Ellerman House in Cape Town tomorrow. Befitting of its caliber and exclusivity, the 2014 Cabernet Franc will be showcased against Château Mouton Rothschild 2013 and Château Margaux 2013 at both events.
Only 900 bottles were produced and quantities are strictly limited. For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
“Chaos White is the expression of the freshness of fruit for which cool climate Elgin wines are known, paired with winemaking techniques – stepping away from the norm – to showcase the versatility of Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon,” says our winemaker Kosie.
Guests at our Elgin Cool Wine & Country Food Festival 2017 will be amongst the very first to taste this new release, which we’ll officially launch at our Tasting Room during the festival on 29 and 30 April.
Great article about Elgin Ridge Wines from Jamie Goode, following his recent visit to Elgin, read the full article and what Jamie has to say about Elgin Ridge wines on Jamie’s website. click the link for Jamie’s website
To enter, all you need to do is visit our Tasting Room between 1 and 22 September 2016, enjoy a tasting of our certified organic wines and complete an entry form during your tasting. For a bonus entry, take a photo of your visit and share it with us on social media – and tag @ElginRidgeWines and use #ElginRidgeWines as the hashtag! By doing so, you’ll be entered into the draw to win an unforgettable organic Elgin experience worth over R4,000:
• Two night stay for two guests at the Elgin Ridge private homestead, overlooking our vineyards and the Elgin valley. Watch our Percheron horse, sheep and cows grazing in the fields and ducks swimming in the dam from your verandah!
• Lunch for two at the award-winning The Pool Room at Oak Valley, where Chef Gordon Manuel showcases the finest organic, farm-sourced produce on his seasonal menus
• A mixed case (6 bottles) of certified organic wines from Elgin Ridge
• Wine tasting for two at the Elgin Ridge Wines Tasting Room
Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is open to South African residents over 18 years of age.
2. The competition runs from 1-22 September 2016. Entrants must complete an entry form either at the Elgin Ridge tasting room or at an in-store tasting to be entered into the draw. 3. Entrants may receive one additional bonus entry per photo posted on social media.
4. The prize is valid until 31 March 2017.