Join us during the Elgin Cool Wine & Country Food Festivalthis year and enjoy free tastings, delicious sushi, exclusive farm tours ( pre booking essential ), and great family fun on our organic & biodynamic farm.
• 3 vintages of our current wines (either Sauvignon Blanc and/or Pinot Noir)
GOLDEN TICKET EXPERIENCE: FARM TOUR
• This experience is available when pre-booked by Golden Ticket holders.
• Take a walking tour on our certified biodynamic farm with us, as we explain our biodynamic preparations and how we use them at Elgin Ridge – and finish with a VIP tasting of older vintages and an exclusive tasting our award-winning Chaos White
• Places are strictly limited to just 6 people per session: Morning session at 11.00am and afternoon session at 14.00pm
( Saturday morning seesion fully booked, 2 places available Saturday afternoon), Sunday still available
• Enjoy a delicious sushi platter (minimum 10 pieces) and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc for R160 per person
• Enjoy being on our biodynamic and organic wine estate and catch a glimpse of our Percheron horse – Maddox – who ploughs our vineyards in winter. Keep an eye out for our sheep, cattle, ducks and chickens, too
• Visitors are welcome to bring their own picnic and enjoy a bottle of Elgin Ridge wine amongst the vines or around the dam in one of our picnic spots.
Bookings for our Golden Ticket Farm Tour and sushi are essential.
Not only is our multi-talented winemaker, Kosie van der Merwe responsible, for the internationally award winning wine inside this beautiful bottle, but he also designed the intriguing label which tells the story of this unique wine.
If you’d like to see the Chaos label win, please follow the link below and click on the ? icon ABOVE the thumbnail image of our wine (you’ll find it at the start of row 2).
We were delighted to be selected by Peter Richards MW, as one of the 30 great New World wines, in the February edition of the renowned Decanter magazine. Peter says
“The London IT industry’s loss was Elgin’s gain when Marion and Brian Smith upped sticks and launched a biodynamic wine estate. This is a complex, spicy, highly original Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon blend with beautiful texture, huge energy and a delightfully funky edge.”
Peter selected our Chaos White 2016 as one of his “30 great New World buys under £30” – chosen from over 1,000 potential candidates – which represent the “most intriguing, exciting and mould-breaking winemaking in the world today”!
Don’t forget we are open for wine tasting and sales 7 days a week!
Our opening hours are Monday to Saturday from 10h00 until 16h00, Sunday from 10h00 until 14h00.
Come and enjoy a glass of our Elgin cool climate wines in our Tasting Room and enjoy the view as you sip on our organic wines, or on the balcony, whilst watching the activity in the vineyards of our organic wine estate.
Our squad of Peking ducks are in charge of pest control at our biodynamic and organic wine estate, scoffing up all of the snails, slugs and other creepy-crawlies in the vineyards. If you visit us around 4pm, you can watch them returning to their duck house all in a row.